Wednesday, May 23, 2007

The Beck Diet Solution

Hello all~
I started reading a new book last night called the Beck Diet Solution. Other people that I know (virtually) have been reading and commenting on it so I decided to give it a try. It's a really interesting book so far.

The book will work with any healthy diet, which is nice. The premise is that people are not successful dieters because they never learned how to think as a thin person. The writer is open and honest about what you will have to do in order to loose weight and keep it off.

I like honesty.

For example, she said you will always have to eat a restricted diet. Bummer....

But, she also states that through the exercises in her book you will learn to want to eat a restricted diet vs. feeling deprived. You will enjoy not feeling overly full or knowing you are making the right choices.

She also stated that most thin people restrict their diet. They might not think about it because it happens very naturally for them, but they do it. I started thinking of all my "thin" friends and I would agree with that.

So, I'm hoping to Think Like A Thin Person. I'll let you know how it goes.

This week on the diet has been going pretty well, though I may be fooling myself because the scale is not agreeing with me.

No comments: