Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Two Things Need to Happen

My husband and I have discussed trying for our 2nd child a lot. I would like to start trying soon. A while ago we had decided that when our first was a year we would try again. Our son is almost 10 months old.

When he was 6 months old I said, I want to loose 30 lbs before I get pregnant again. I have 6 months to do that, no problem.

I still weigh the same and I have 2 months left.

I didn't really have a difficult pregnancy, but I did have gestational diabetes and a lot of back pain that I had to go to a physical therapist for. I'm hoping that loosing weight will relieve some of that pain.

The other thing...I would like to be able to stay at home with our kids. I'm not sure I can find a babysitter for 2 little ones that we can afford. Jason is hoping to be full-time at the end of the year, but that is not certain.

So, two things needs to happen, Jas needs to be able to work full-time (most likely), but, the one thing I have control over, my weight, needs to go down before we have another little one.

I love my son and would love to have another...I've been writing down names:). I hope those names will keep me anchored in my journey.

What are your anchors?

1 comment:

Krissie said...

Honestly, my anchor is prayer. Pure and simple. I'm coming to realize that I cannot do this on my own. I need to let God help me.
Another anchor I have is hopes of baby. I can't say that we're trying to get pregnant, but we've removed preventative measures. I've had names picked out for 2 years (Carrick is my favorite...My maiden name is Carr), but I feel that my weight is a big barrier to getting pregnant right now. Fact or not, I feel like I am somehow making things more difficult because I am not healthy.
And I've been trying to change my focus from weight to health. It's happening slowly. If I eat a healthier diet and move more, I just have to believe that someday the scale will catch up with my efforts.
It's good to see your posts! Have a great day!